Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Last Nite, She Said

I was up late listening to Creative Screenwriting magazine's podcast featuring the writer of the movie Juno, Diablo Cody. Her mini biography that was presented was quite interesting and a little inspiring. Although I'm usually inspired by all the screenwriters that are featured in the podcast, this one in particular felt like it spoke directly to me. She started working a lot of odd jobs, but what I seemed to really take away from the podcast was her weird passion for writing. I could empathize with her sentiments, especially when Diablo said:

"You know as a writer, when you're having difficulty actually being published through legitimate channels, blogging is kind of a cool thing because there are no rejection letters, there is no publishers, there is no editor -- you're just generating material and putting it out there."

Thus, as an aspiring writer myself, I am taking her advice. This will be my new forum for venting, social commentary, and the creative spikes that tend to occur in my thirst for stories and squeezing a milliliter of interest from life.

No comments: